We are one & one are we

A slight curvy bend form "articles" I write. I have penned few poems in the past. This is one of the two poems I submitted in the Poetry category of Varsity Week Handwritten Magazine in my University. Today I present it to the citizens of the world.

So get waved in the flow !

We are one & one are we 

I saw you, ages back
Your soul fired my soul,
I saw you ages back
Your gait slipped my feet

You saw me, ages back
My eyes made your lips smile,
You saw me, ages back
My presence skipped your heartbeat

Your smell raised my senses
My hand shivered you heart,
Your hair captured my vision
My hug filled your void

the winter was cold,
our hearts were warm,
the spring blossomed the flowers
our souls mingled
the summer of the sun shined
our mind faced the sky,
the autumn reddened the nature
our peace waved our beacon

There was love, there is love
There were good times,
there were excruciating times
yet, we held on,
never let go the sun and the moon

We waved through the infinite ages
we flowed through the limitless miles,
we endured every thorn
we embraced every love

We laughed together, grew old together
we lived together, and will embrace heaven together,
such is our zeal, such is our passion
We are one and one are we

We read together, we ran together
We sought together, we fought together,
Such is our zeal, such is our passion
We are one and one are we

Days are numbered
Our love is not,
The body is temporary
Our souls are not,
For we are formless
That makes us fly high

Come to me, my love
Cause there is you and there is none,

You are me and I am you

                                                                             ------Sekhar Gogoi

Hope you had felt something in your own way. Poems are left for people to interpret in their own way. every human has a different explanation to the same poem. A poem's motto is that of touching people's heart in some way. Hope I have been a bit successful in doing that. Thank you for your reading.

(I will publish the second poem in subsequent blog)

Comments

  1. This is the best poem i have ever read much better than the Indian writers.You have power in your words.One day your words will be priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words....I am still at a very nascent stage dude....but your words do encourage me to reach the stage where great writers are..thank you so much.

      Delete
  2. We are one and one are we.. also you are me and I am you, single line with tremendous impact...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it really does ! words are powerful than anything.

      Delete

Post a Comment